Monday, February 28, 2011
Hello Blog Followers-
Last week I gave you the opportunity to look at a giveaway and here is another great chance.
Kellywels.com and BumGenius are giving away 18 diapers + Inserts and a Diaper sprayer
So hop on over to KellyWels Facebook page and get yourself signed up!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I've been off the bandwagon, I know it is terrible.
But, I came back to share a great giveaway with you.
Mother of a Sale http://www.facebook.com/MotherOfASale#!/MotherOfASale?sk=wall&filter=2
is giving away $250 worth of Cloth Diapers from 3 new lines.
If you click on the link above you can find out where to enter.
You know I love Cloth diapers and use them on Lucy and plan to any any future kids, so if you are looking to try them out this is a great way to get some for free if you win.
Also, save an extra 10% off your order by using code yoyo10 by the end of today!
Enjoy and God Bless!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Another great week of Bountiful Baskets, hopefully we will be doing this nearly every week.
This week I received
1. Peaches ( a bunch)
2. 5 Yellow Mangoes
3. A whole bunch of little Limes
4. A Mini Watermelon
5. A butternut Squash
6. A 1lb bag of mini carrots
7. 2 Tomatoes
8. 1 - 3lb bag of Rome apples (plus 3 more)
9. 1 Bunch Bananas
10. 2 heads Romaine Lettuce
11. 6 Ears Corn
12. Brusslesprouts (a big bag) and I actually scored another because a lady there didn't want hers! yay!
I'll post an apple pie recipe sometime this week!
Don't forget to check out www.bountifulbaskets.org
Have a great day and God Bless
Monday, May 17, 2010
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? Is it weird that I just don't have people in my head ?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? nope
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? I bring my laptop, Bible and a stack of books to read, I'm assuming they are providing me with food
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved? Jesus Saved my eternal life...other than that I don't believe I have
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: Google's front page on the national day of fruit
Ambytime: The time that a baby spends in an amby swing
Asscactus: When someone falls rear first into a cactus
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? Apple Pie
53. What was your favorite toy as a child? prolly one of my water dolls
54. How many TV’s are in your house? 1
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside? hike/rock climb
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? love it, it is a symbol that God will never again flood the earth
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true? yes, I get de ja vu ish type dreams often
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? nope
59. What is your idea of paradise? a sandy beach and a teal ocean ;)
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like? God, captial G, He is the awesome God. One that sent His Son, Jesus to earth to live a blameless life and be crucified so that those who believe as I do will have eternal life in Heaven. He is sovereign and causes or allows all things to happen. Both good and bad to bring glory to Him and to draw people to him.
Monday, May 10, 2010
A Travel to some tropical places
B hopefully have some more children
C eat at many restaurants
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A yikes, I guess I would just never want to see my family hurt in terrible ways
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause? Is Jesus a cause, if so things like supporting missionaries or Gospel for Asia (which we support)
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20's: old school, fun dancing
30's: nothing really
40's: when I should have been born
50's: my parents were born
60's: the start of some gross times in our country
70's: too many drugs in our country
80's: big hair and gaudy clothes
90's: my youth/teen years
2000 (so far): college/life/love
2010's: my baby girl
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? probably the 90's, youth
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? um, Livin on a prayer, haha I have no Idea
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? USA, President Obama
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be? Trust in Jesus and then hopefully everything would fall into place (or sentence #2, please outlaw abortion, so many babies are dying and it is terrible)
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? well we don't have cable AND the tv is in the living room, but I'd go with ABC
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? villian, none! Well lets say ursula, because she likes to wear black ;)
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? yeppers, I got my silver award (which means I was a big time girl scout ;) I did it until I was in high school)
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? fly!
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? The sky
43. What does your name mean? Christina = Christian
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? the sea for sure
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Pink: girly and one of my least favorite color
Deserve: what you get
Elvis: you ain't nothing but a hound dog
Magic: is false
Clash: people with the same personality
Pulp:the stuff I don't like in OJ
Friday, May 7, 2010
Well for Cinco de Mayo we had Pollo Asado, brown rice, a salad and I made Churro's.
Boy was this quite the adventure.
It was really simple to make the dough.
I used this recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, depending on taste
Preheat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of vegetable (I used canola) oil in a 10 to 12 inch frying pan to 375 degrees F. note to self: buy a candy thermometer otherwise you will have no idea what 375* of hot oil looks like. This will help you in the future. Also, buy a meat tenderizer. That is all
In a sauce pan ( I used a 1.5 qt one but it called for a 3 qt one, mine was in use for the rice for dinner) add the water, brown sugar, salt, and butter and heat to a good boil. Remove from the heat and add the flour. Stir until well blended.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla together and then add this to the pan with the flour mixture. Make sure that the egg gets all combined into the dough.
Put your dough in your decorator (think frosting decorator, if you don't have one you could always cut the tip of a plastic baggy off and squeeze from there, just be very careful) and attach a star tip.
Test your oil by placing a small amount of dough in it. The dough should bubble up right away or that means the oil is not hot enough, now if you were like me, yours bubbled and got dark right away which means your oil is too hot. Not hot enough oil = sogginess, Too hot oil = cooked on outside, NOT cooked on the inside.
Once the oil is hot enough, squeeze some dough (with decorator) into the oil about 4 inches long. Use your finger to release the dough from the decorator, just be careful because you are mighty close to the hot oil, you don't want your finger to get in on the frying action.
Remove the churros with the slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-covered plate.
I found it easiest while one batch was cooking to roll the last cooked batch in cinnamon and sugar. Then repeat.
So since apparently I let my oil get too hot and it doesn't cool down very quickly I had to do some fast thinking, so I put on a smaller tip from my decorator and used that, since they were thinner, they cooked faster and thus I didn't have a crispy outside and raw inside. Then once it got cool enough I switched back.
I told hubby the ones that were a different shape were American-ized Churro's since I am clearly not Mexican and this just proved it.
None-the-less they were still good! But very time consuming, all frying is I think!
Tomorrow look for a Buttermilk Pie recipe!
Have a great day and God Bless!